All visitors to Australia, other than Australian and New Zealand citizens, must hold a valid visa or electronic travel authority (ETA). It is the participant’s responsibility to investigate the relevant visa requirements and ensure documentation is correct and completed before commencing their journey. Participants must register for the congress before lodging their visa/ETA application as a letter of confirmation is required for your application.
It is recommended to apply for a visa at least 6-8 weeks before your intended date of travel to Australia, or 2 weeks if you are from an ETA or eVisitor eligible country.
If your primary purpose of visiting Australia is to attend the congress, you are usually considered a business visitor.
How to apply:
1. Before lodging an application, you should determine which visa you should apply for:
- Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)
- Visitor subclass 600 Business stream
Or you may use The Australian Department of Immigration ‘Find a Visa’ tool, by clicking here.
2. Determine whether you are eligible to apply online for an eVisitor visa or ETA.
3. If you are not eligible to apply online, you may lodge a paper-based visa application.
In order to obtain assistance in this process, and find the Australian visa office nearest to your current country of residence please click here.
If you are unsure and you need more information, please contact your nearest Australian Embassy/Consulate or view the Australian Department of Immigration website www.homeaffairs.gov.au.
Invitation letters are not required for visa applications. The Australian Department of Home Affairs has advised that in relation to congresses:
- Registration does not guarantee a visa grant to an applicant.
- Where the Event Organiser has provided the Australian authorities with participant lists (which we will), it will not be necessary to request a “letter of invitation” from such individuals.
- Visa applicants should read information on visitor visa processing and requirements on the website: www.homeaffairs.gov.au.
In case of visa refusal, please note that reservation cancellation policy applies.
Please note that details of registered participants will be shared with Australian immigration authorities.